- Home Performance Assessment
- Development and Construction
- Real Estate Background
- Real Estate Articles
- Real Estate Services
- Real Estate Background
- New Projects
Licensed since 1986, extensive experience in residential sales, marketing, and property management in the New York Real Estate Market has given me broad expertise to advise my clients.
Check out some of the ways I can help YOU:
- First time buyers: An overview of what to expect, from property hunting, to negotiating, to signing the contract, through all the hurdles to closing.
- Getting prequalified: how to get your ducks in a row
- Focused property hunting: identifying where you want to live
- Coaching for winning negotiation strategies
- Co-op buyers: applying to & passing the Board interview
- Co-op & condo buyers: pros & cons of owning each.
- Co-op & condo buyers: top 10 questions you should ask your lawyer
- Check out my Top 10 Tips for Buyers
- Planning a renovation? Think innovation & save money.
Sellers and Homeowners:
- Prepping your home for a tough market: setting yourself apart from the crowd
- Market Appraisals
- Pricing strategies: attracting buyers
- Staging dos & don'ts: Don't believe everything you see on TV
- Pitfalls to avoid in the selling process
- Co-op sellers: Prep the paperwork!
- Check out my Top 10 Tips for Sellers
- Foreclosure survival: advertising hype, legal threats, and short sales - what you should know.
- Handling conflict with other Shareholders or the Board
- Understanding the annual financial statement
- Understanding your Proprietary Lease
- What to consider if you're thinking of selling
- Alteration Agreements and Renovations
- Hiring a new managing agent
- How to get the most out of your managing agent
- Alterations Agreements and Renovations
- Strategies for communicating difficult issues with your Shareholders
- Interviewing prospective Shareholders.
- Caveats for doing Board business by email.
- Amicable resolution of Shareholder vs Board or Shareholder vs Shareholder issues before they escalate
Residential Multi-Family Owners and Investors
- Identifying a good investment property (ROI & OPM)
- Maximizing your rental income
- Understanding rent control and rent stabilization
- Annual filing requirements
- Lead paint law and safe work practices
What is Home Performance?
When you buy a car, you expect good gas mileage with low upkeep, safe handling, and comfort inside. In other words, respectable performance. Why would you have any other expectations for a house? The ability of your home to deliver comfort, health, and affordability is what a Home Performance Assessment is all about. Is the home functioning at its optimum? Or are there deficiencies and inefficiencies? An assessment can often determine which cost effective items can improve the performance of your home most!
Are you new to Home Ownership?
Make sure you look at the suggestions on my Renovations page; more useful information on my Real Estate Pages; and an excellent read on the Building Science Corporation's website: The Building Science Guide to Home Ownership! See my LINKS page for more.
Of course, feel free to call (718.941.3725) or email me with questions and concerns!